The popularity of chainsaws in recent years means that almost every woodcutter wants to own one. Quite suddenly, this machine
Thanks to their invention, the tough old days of cutting for days with
Apart from basic maintenance, there
Aftermarket chainsaw parts are parts of the chainsaw that can be bought separately from the market as spares for the existing ones. These are parts that every field-worker should own and go into the forest with if they do not want their work to be stalled at any point.
Having quite understood what aftermarket chainsaw parts are, let’s now review a few of these parts and how to get them.
- Bar Guard: As much as a pack of chainsaw comes with the bar guard included, it is also great to have an extra. Having an extra bar guard doesn’t hurt. It instead, means that you are prepared to keep the bar of your chainsaw alive and active as you power through tough cuts. This is one part that you need to own a spare for, irrespective of whether you are working at home or out there in the fields.
- Bar Nuts: By now, you should be familiar with the bar nuts. It is something you see and use daily. They are nuts used to hold the bar steadfast to the chainsaw machine. Cutting can become dangerous if this nuts are left to wear out. Hence, the need to own spares before setting out to work. Thankfully, you can get spare bar nuts from local repair shops. Do well to look at the nut once in a while to be sure that it is still solidly holding the bar before setting out to work.
- Chainsaw Chain: This is one other part of the chainsaw that can be bought from the market. Of course, they are the most popular part of the chainsaw and indeed the most active – so it is a no-brainer to have one or two spares of it available. This part of the chainsaw can also be sharpened for continuous usage even it gets blunt. (see our chainsaw chain sharpening guide to learn how you can sharpen a blunt chain.
- Chainsaw adjuster: once in a while, you will need to adjust the chain. Adjustment of the chain gets it tighter, more solid or more effective. While purchasing your chainsaw, it is important to get an extra chain adjuster, since you don’t know where you will most likely need the chain adjusted. You can get chain adjusters from online stores like Amazon and Ebay, or from any local hardware shop in your area.
- Maintenance Kit: This is certainly an aftermarket part/tool worth purchasing for effective use of the chainsaw. Once in a while, you will need to run routine maintenance on different parts of your chainsaw. These maintenance tools come effective at such time. Remember, however, that the chainsaw is a sensitive machine on its own. You need to be acquainted to its parts before attempting any maintenance. There are several articles on our website that can help you learn the basic steps for maintaining a chainsaw. Bigger maintenance issues should be taken to a repair shop for more professional look into it.
There you have it, a few aftermarket
You will find most of these aftermarket chainsaw parts in any local hardware shop or in online stores. As your local hardware shop attendant to find out more about these parts and how they can be of benefit to you. Do not hesitate to seek more advanced knowledge about aftermarket chainsaw parts and their usage. Your level of knowledge about each part would mostly determine how well you can use your chainsaw.
You may want to read: